Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 2: 48 miles

I'm camping at another state park tonight: Case Lookout. My tent, in fact, is within sight of the beach, where the sun has just set. The ride was superb, especially the first half. The route followed a creek between two low ridges through a remote area, and for nearly two hours I saw fewer than 20 cars. The knees are OK; only minor aches. I plan to do additional stretching and to keep the mileage below 50 for the next two weeks as they get into shape. This is a little hard for me since I'm having such a great time and want to just keep going - I just need to remember to be patient. Tomorrow will be my last day along the coast, and for that I'm a little sad. However, the mountains beckon...

This message was sent using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures with your wireless phone visit
www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix.

To learn how you can record videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getflix.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download
process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sash said...

Good luck, Oliver! The oyster burgers don't sound that bad...

Sarah D.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home