Saturday, June 10, 2006

Day 18: 52 miles, Jun 5


Camped in Grangeville, ID with Jake and Jaime, two guys I met as I was leaving White Bird. It was nice to have cycling companionship for the first time since the coast. They're going all the way across using parts of the TransAm route and doing big days. They're trying to average 85 miles daily, which puts them out of my range of comfort, but I had such a good time with their company that I decided try to hang with them the next day. They're both from upstate NY and know Rochester well. Alas, I never had a bike when I was in school up there, and so I missed riding the Finger Lakes region. Jake is 18 and a Category 4 racer. Strong rider. Jaime is 20 and in ceramics school in Alfred. He's also in the 46'er club which means he's summited all 46 mountains over 4000 feet in the Adirondacks. Mostly in the winter, too! The picture is of dusk in Grangeville, where we camped at the softball field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home