Saturday, June 10, 2006

Day 21: 43 miles, Jun 8


On the way into Missoula, I was behind these gentlemen for most of the way. I eventually caught them as they were stopping for lunch. They're mostly from the Akron, OH area, and many of them had been to see shows at Ohio Light Opera where I worked for four seasons! This shot was taken at Adventure Cycling, and the yellow jerseys are imprinted with the name of their group: ROMEO ("Retired Old Men Eating Out). The youngest is 54 and the oldest is 86! They're riding the Lewis and Clark Trail, another ACA route, and have been piecing it together since 2003. One of their wives drives the support RV and stops at 15 mile intervals. They invited me in for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I must say I enjoyed the break immensely! I sincerely hope I have such great friends when I'm 80!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home