Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 40: 82 miles, Jun 27


Another fantastic day. I spent the majority of it descending from Currant Creek (about 9000 feet) to my destination in Pueblo (4500 feet).

I also met perhaps the most remarkable person on the trip so far: Gracie Sorbello. She is a recent graduate from Duke, I believe, in piano and is currently attempting to be the first woman to cross the country on a unicycle. Yes. That's correct, a UNICYCLE! I'll never brag about my abilities again. Ever. :-) If she makes it (I'm sure she will), I will be able to say I've met someone in the Guiness Book of World Records! Go Gracie, go! Check out her blog and cause at http://onewheelforlife.blogspot.com

At the end of the day I went off route onto a bicycle path from the Pueblo reservoir into downtown Pueblo. Pueblo's the largest city on the route at about 100,000, and is a joy to ride around in. I still love urban riding ever since my messenger days in Manhattan. This city has a wonderful historic area with lots of cool shops and restaurants. The picture is of the bike path into town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home