Thursday, July 13, 2006

Day 52: 82 miles, Jul 9


Having been warned from westbounders about the discourteous Missouri drivers, I have been keeping a constant eye on my rearview mirror. No troubles, yet, knock on wood! Anyone have a spray can of Bubba-be-gone?

I am, proudly, a direct descendant of a close friend of Daniel Boone, so I was interested to see his son's homestead today. Nathan Boone was a salt-producer, and raised his family in the house you see carefully restored here.

While roaming Mr. Boone's grounds, I got a voice mail from an opera-singing friend of mine in Stuttgart. Wow. What a small place the cell phone makes the world! Thanks for saying "Hello" Lucas!

It drizzled all day today, so I didn't hesitate to pull into the Plaza motel in Marshfield, MO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home